Sometimes you need to find certain information in the Windows Registry to make some changes in the windows. Altering any changes in the Window Registry is very sensitive task. Windows provides “Registry Editor”, which lets you make search, modify or add the registry entries in your windows. In this article we will show you the step-by-step guide to find registry entries in Windows 7.
- Click on Window Orb (Start) button.
- Type “regedit” in the search bar, and then click on the Registry Editor Or press Window + R to open RUN command line and type “regedit” to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- You will see the Registry Editor window, which has two panes, Right pane contains the registry information in the form of keys, Left pane shows the information each tree element contains.
- Go o Edit > Find.
- Write the name of specific entry you want to find and then select the appropriate check boxes shown below and press “Find Next”
- Registry Editor will highlight the entry it finds.
- You can right-click on the found entry and perform following operations on them: Modify, Modify Binary Data, Delete or Rename.
Note: It is crucial to make the “System Restore Point” before making any changes to Windows registry.
Below video will help you add registry values in Windows 7.