A user profile contains settings to make the computer appear up to your preferences. It includes desktop settings, screen savers, sound settings and many other features. But sometimes it gets corrupted and creates problems. However fixing it is not a big deal and requires a very simple procedure.
Follow the given steps to fix the corrupted User Profile.
- Reboot the computer so as to release the locks on all profiles.
- Sign-in to the computer on administrative account. Remember, it should be the account you need to fix.
- Browse to the corrupted user profile folder by the following path
(Here the username will be the actual user name)
- Once the folder is located, delete it.
- Now find and delete the folder C:\Users\Temp
- Now open the Registry Editor and browse to “HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList” and delete the registry key that matches with your session ID.
- Check the value of the “ProfileImagePath” and ensure that you have selected the corrupted User Profile for it.
- Restart your PC.
Below video will help you in copying the corrupt user profile’s data to a new user profile