In Windows 7, the last access time stamp has been disabled by default. The time stamp feature is really useful for security purposes. When enabled, the windows store the time and date every time the folder is accessed. It is good to enable last access time stamps in Windows 7. To enable the time stamps, follow the given steps:
- Go to Start menu. Type cmd in the search box and press enter.
- cmd.exe will appear in the search results. Right-click it and select Run as Administrator.
- At this stage, you will be prompted by User Access Control.
- Press the Yes button.
- Give the following command in the command prompt and hit the Enter key.
fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0
- Reboot the PC to get the changes in to effect.
The above process will enable the time stamps. This will allow you to see when the files are accessed.