In office 2010, menu ribbon is more clear and organized. The menus are logically placed and provide quick access to controls. Office 2010 also allows the users to make their own customized ribbon. You can follow the given steps to make a ribbon containing your preferred controls.
- Open any office application like PowerPoint, word or excel, etc.
- Go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon.
- In the Window of customize the ribbon, tap the New Tab button.
- To add commands, select the Group from the right pane of the window. It will be under the tab you have created. Select Action from the left pane and tap the Add button.
- To make things more organized, it is advisable to create multiple groups and rename each group accordingly.
- Pick the icon, write the name and click OK.
- Select the group and tap the arrows given on the right side of Customize the Ribbon window to move the options up or down.
This was the basic guide for creating a new ribbon. You can explore it further.